Wednesday, July 06, 2005

AHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

WALK ON!! WALK ON!! WITH HOPE IN YOUR HEART!!
YOU'LL NEVER WALK ALONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


Breaking news--Steven Gerrard:
"I just couldn't leave the club I love."

"I had the whole of yesterday to think about my decision and what I was doing. I turned off my phone and my television and went through it all in my head again," said Gerrard.

"After considering everything that's gone on, I just couldn't go through with it and leave this club. I never said I wanted to leave in the first place, but I'd felt I was being backed into a corner and had to push things on.

"I know it was going to look as though I wanted to go, but at one stage I thought I had no choice. When I thought about it more, I just wanted to stay.

"I admitted I've made mistakes and the club has acknowledged they've made some mistakes as well. But now we've sorted it out and I'm doing what I wanted to do all along, which is stay at Liverpool."

He added: "I've now apologised to Liverpool and they've apologised to me, which is important. I was left feeling so confused yesterday. I was receiving all kinds of advice and information from so many people, but I just had to sit down with my girlfriend and advisor and think it all through again for myself. I was just thinking 'how have we got into this mess and what's the best way out of it?'. I knew I had to do what I'd intended doing all along and sign a new contract.

"I made the decision last night that I couldn't leave this club. I love Liverpool so much. This is my club. My heart is with Liverpool. I don't need to tell anyone that. Everyone who knows me can see how I feel. The last thing I wanted to do was leave, I just couldn't do it."

"My relationship with the supporters has always been fantastic and I knew a lot of people would be disappointed if I'd decided to go. I thought about the fans and the future," Gerrard said.

"As I'd said all along, I never wanted to leave. I don't want to go into details now about what happened over the last few weeks because the most important thing now is we can sort it out.

"I'm going to sign a new contract and, like I've always done, will be doing everything possible to make Liverpool successful again.

"It's been a bit of a mess but now we can sort it out and move forward. As I've said, we can all learn things from this.

"Now we all want to look forward."


AHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! CELEBRATION!!!!!!!!!! i'm sorry to all the Phantom songs i butchered! YOU'LL NEVER WALK ALONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! YES YES YES YES!!!!!!

Moores, our chairman says: "He said he's committed himself for life, so however long he lives!"

Stevie also promised that "This will never happen again."

"The last five or six weeks were the hardest of my life because I wrongly believed the club didn't want me. I don't want to get into attaching blame to anyone," he said.

"If I blame anyone, it's myself. I wanted my future sorted out as soon as possible after the Champions League final and when that wasn't the case, the longer it went on, the more misunderstandings there were.

"There was confusion and doubt in my mind. I had discussions with the manager, but the reports of bust-ups are complete nonsense. Now I know how much the club wants me.

"I feel I must defend my agent, Struan Marshall, in this. He's taken a lot of stick but all along he's never done anything I didn't ask him to.

"He's well respected at Liverpool and has done deals for me and other players in the past. He's conducted himself in the right way.

"He's a big factor in my decision to stay and organising the contract.

"I'll be signing the deal, maybe even today. I'd also like it known there are no clauses in that contract. This won't be happening again next summer or ever again, so far as I'm concerned.

"I've committed my long-term future to the club and I want all the speculation to end now. This is what I've wanted all along."


i had a dream last night that we lost to TNS (the crappiest team in the world) 6-1, and TRAORE, our LEFT BACK had to score the goal in the 90th minute. BUT NOW THAt'S NOT GONNA HAPPEN BECAUSE WE HAVE OUR SKIPPER, OUR SCOUSER, OUR STEVIE G!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

*leaves in celebration*

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home