Friday, December 31, 2004

legovanan
I look back to where I was this time last year. For one, at Amanda's house with Melissa. I remember that night.. We sang, fought over what CD to listen to, watched movies, listened to them two talk about guys, gave advice, and made new year resolutions which I still have.
I haven't seen Amanda since August and Melissa since June. I've barely talked to them several times, and the conversations weren't what they used to be. I miss them.
I had twelve resolutions last year, and I rated them from 1-5, 1 being the hardest and 5 the easiest. One of them I find just plain stupid now. I don't need a bf. Can't believe I wrote that.
The one that was the hardest I didn't achieve: Limit Tolkien-affiliated activities to once a week. AS IF!
I did stay off the phone. I barely talk on there anymore, just once in a while with Kathleen, and sometimes with people I haven't heard from in a while, but not like I used to.
I still think about a certain person, but not to the extent I used to, and I've given up on it.
I regret to say that I'm still not very nice to my mom, and I'm still on the Internet alot. I still obsess alot, and my grades haven't improved. haha.. If Isaac came on here he'd start yelling at me about that one. "YOUR GRADES ARE GOOD ENOUGH ELAINE!" ::sigh:: good old times
I do read alot more. I think the phone time went to that. I exercise more and I think my writing has improved a bit, and though I haven't written poetry in the recent months, I'm rather proud of the ones I did over the summer.

Now.. my resolutions for this year:
1. Cut Internet time
2. Composure; keep my cool under fire. Like Isaac says: Don't panic!
3. Don't let my pride make me blind to what others have to offer.
4. Letting myself "go" once in a while, so I don't have to regret all the things I didn't do.
5. Not being so uptight, as Olivia says.
6. Spend less time reading about gymnastics and more on world events.
7. Softening my words a bit. Learning to differentiate a debate between a common social conversation.
8. Don't let my desire to win and be the best get the best of me.
9. Taking more pictures; recording more events
10. Be kinder to parents
11. Take piano to the next level
12. Improve grades
13. Improve Chinese
14. Make time for friends

hmm... what else is there? I won't ask the impossible of myself, things like forgetting the existence of the male gender, or forgetting that Tolkien and Middle-Earth ever existed.
I think lots of people don't understand why I can get so obsessed with things, like Lord of the Rings and gymnastics. I think it helps me forget. Leave the constraints of my world. I shall probably elaborate at a later time.
O yes. Before I went to China, went to Knott's with Ashley for her birthday. Me, Camron, Ashley, Isaac, Andres, Anna, Jessica, and Ashley's brother Nick and his friend Bryan. It was a very interesting and enlightening day. I think Camron and I talked for three hours straight about psychological and philosophical related topics. Character analyzation for the most part.
Happy new year!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home