Friday, January 12, 2007

"Touched with gold and red the autumn trees seemed to be sailing rootless in a shadowy sea."

That is but ONE example of why I worship Tolkien.

"The night was clear, cool, and starry, but smoke-like wisps of mist were creeping up the hill-sides from the streams and deep meadows. Thin-clad birches, swaying in a light wind below their heads, made a black net against the pale sky."

And for those of you who really don't care about the beautiful descriptions (YOGIN)

"You'll live to regret it, young fellow! Why didn't you go too? You don't belong here; you're no Baggins -- you -- you're a Brandybuck!"
"Did you hear that Merry? That was an insult, if you like," said Frodo as he shut the door on her.
"It was a compliment," said Merry Brandybuck, "and so, of course, not true."

heheh that made me laugh. :D

AND SHAYNE!!!! I FOUND IT! I called you twice but you weren't there! BUT I FOUND IT!!!!

"I cannot," said Merry. "I have never seen them. I have never been out of my own land before. And if I had known what the world outside was like, I don't think I should have had the heart to leave it."
"Not even to see fair Lothlorien?" said Haldir. "The world is indeed full of peril, and in it there are many dark places; but still there is much that is fair, and though in all lands love is now mingled with grief, it grows perhaps the greater."

IT'S SO BEAUTIFUL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

AND
TAKE THAT MODERNISM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! AND POST-MODERNISM!!!!! AND ABSURDISM!!!!!!!
GO BACK TO THE SHADOW!!!!!!!

SHAYNE! THAT IS GOING INTO OUR ESSAYS!!!!!1

Yes, it is true. I HAVE started reading the Lord of the Rings, once again. I'd almost forgotten just how truly beautiful it is. John Ronald Reuel Tolkien. O that "God" of a man. That ray of hope amidst the abyss of absurdist darkness. That beacon of sweet untainted light amidst the void of the modern. And amongst them all, it grows perhaps the greater. There is light up there, and beauty, that no shadow can touch. A light from the shadows shall spring. And the crownless again shall be king.

ALRIGHT I'M STOPPING!!!!!! Haha Shayne can you tell exactly where I got every single one of those lines?

All that is gold does not glitter
Not all those who wander are lost
The old that is strong does not wither
Deep roots are not touched by the frost
From the ashes a fire shall be woken
A light from the shadows shall spring
Renewed shall be blade that was broken
The crownless again shall be king.


Okay unable to resist here. One more and I'm done. I'm testing my memory here, really.

Three Rings for the Elven-kings under the sky,
Seven for the Dwarf-lords in their halls of stone,
Nine for Mortal Men doomed to die,
One for the Dark Lord on his dark throne
In the Land of Mordor where the shadows lie,
One Ring to rule them all, One Ring to find them
One Ring to bring them all and in the darkness bind them
In the Land of Mordor where the shadows lie.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey...its not like i hate descriptive texts. hate is a very strong word. and you know, thanks for the uhmm dialogue. im glad there was actually something worth reading up there. jkjkjk. i read all of it. i swear i did. and yes it is very prettyful and beautyful but but, i guess its just not my thing. im sorry im not good enough. but i will read all three of the books, once i get my book back. *cough cough* I'm surprised its taken u so long to finish it. if u dont finish it over the weekend, i'll be very disappointed.

1/13/2007 12:50 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home