Tuesday, August 29, 2006

So in an attempt to readjust my sleeping patterns, I got up early (10 AM!!!) to drive my dad to the Chinese Consulate in downtown LA. Passed by USC en route. I was like, "ANDY!"

So while we're waiting in the HUMONGOUS line (WHY do that many people want to go to China? WHAT is so great about China?), the people in front of us sparked my interest. This Chinese lady in her 30s wearing a US marines shirt and a camouflage mini-skirt that was way too "mini", and this old (probably 50s) guy with glasses and a huge beer belly. So I'm just standing there and *not* eavesdropping, and something about the guy's voice totally made me eavesdrop. I was like, "Am I hallucinating? Am I really that desperate for a British accent?"

BUT NO!
LO AND BEHOLD!

HE WAS FROM LONDON!!!!!!!!! Or so his accent told me.
So yeah, it made the line go faster, even if I was eavesdropping. I really didn't give a damn what he was talking about, just wanted to hear the accent. Yes I am pathetic, but he was SO English!!!!
"We'll have a go.."
"We had a row.."
"bloody"

And all these other things that he said! I was like, "What are you doing here in America with a Chinese lady? Can you possibly understand each other? It's a good thing you're from London because she couldn't possibly understand a Bolton or a Scouse accent. Probably couldn't understand an Essex one either, even though they're really easy to understand."

So yes there's my interesting tidbit of the day.
I'M SO HYPER RIGHT NOW!!!!!!!!!!

SQUIRRELS!!!!!!!!!! SQUIRRELY SQUIRRELS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

WHEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11

THE SUN WILL COME OUT TOMORROW!!

DANNY JONES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

EXACTLY!
WHAT
is so FREAKING GOOD
about FREAKING CHINA.

8/30/2006 12:35 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

no. no sun. no tomorrow. no orphans.

8/30/2006 3:38 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home