Wednesday, April 21, 2004

legovanan
okay i'm just on fire w/ the poetry these days. newyaz, we're doing a poetry unit in English, and this is whitney's poem, i really like it.

Each day my life wanders on,
I cannot look at the shining sun.
No voice, no hand to comfort me.
No longer are my days filled with glee.

Every sunset I think about good times past,
With love in my heart until the very last.
My dreams are filled with thoughts of you,
Until I realize they can't be true.

How I yearn for your soft touch,
Unable to hold you in my clutch.
No longer have I been looking for the open door,
There is nothing I am waiting for.

Each day is darker without little good,
It is harder to go on as I normally would.
Tell the executioner that when that time is near,
I will put my head on the block without any fear.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home