Wednesday, September 17, 2003

poem that i wrote a few wks ago. kinda reflects how i feel about a certain person... not naming names.

When we met, I thought nothing of you.
We got to know each other.
I found your smile familiar.
You became my friend.
And we did much together.
And soon enough,
you came crawling through the gates into my heart.
Though I did not want it,
I could do nothing to stop it.

They told me to tell you.
They told me to admit it.
But I couldn’t, I couldn’t admit it to you,
Before I admitted it to myself.

But now, no matter how much I wanted to,
I will never get that chance.
We will never get the chance, of what might have been.
For the time is gone,
the chances vanished,
never to return.

You left my life as abruptly as you entered it.
But this time, the effect was dramatic.

I can’t believe that I let you leave,
without knowing what was really inside my heart.
But now, you will never know.

Life is short, there is no time to waste.
Tell people how you feel, before it’s too late.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home