Monday, January 26, 2004

okay, elaine is actually making her dreaded list of memorable quotes/moments from LOTR and guess waht, i've decided, all THREE movies!!!!!!!
Fellowship of the Ring:
Sam: I made a promise Mr. Frodo, a promise. Don't you leave him Samwise Gamgee, and I don't mean to. I don't mean to.

Galadriel: Even the smallest person can change the course of the future.

Gimli: Nobody tosses a dwarf!

Frodo: Go back Sam! I'm going to Mordor alone.
Sam: Of course you are, and I'm going with you!

Frodo: (talking about Smeagol) It's a pity Bilbo didn't kill him when he had the chance.
Gandalf: Pity? It was pity that stayed Bilbo's hand. Many that live deserve death. Some that die deserve life. Can you give it to them, Frodo? Do not be too eager to deal out death in judgment. Even the very wise cannot see all ends. My heart tells me that Gollum has some part to play yet, for good or ill before this is over. The pity of Bilbo may rule the fate of many.

Aragorn: Gentlemen, we do not stop till nightfall.
Pippin: What about breakfast?
Aragorn: You already had breakfast.
Pippin: We've had one yes. What about second breakfast?
Merry: I don't think he knows about second breakfast, Pip.
Pippin: What about elevenses? Luncheon? Afternoon tea? Dinner? Supper? He knows about them, doesn't he?
Merry: I wouldn't count on it.

Galadriel: It betrayed Isildur to his death. And some things that should not have been forgotten were lost. History became legend, legend became myth, and for two and half thousand years the Ring passed out of all knowledge. Until when chance came, it ensnared a new bearer. The Ring came to the creature Gollum, who took it deep into the tunnels of the Misty Mountains. And there, it consumed him. The Ring brought to Gollum unnatural long life. For five hundred years it poisoned his mind. And in the gloom of Gollum's cave, it waited. Darkness crept back into the forest of the world. Rumor grew of a shadow in the East, whispers of a nameless fear, and the Ring of Power perceived. Its time had now come.

Boromir: Frodo? Where is Frodo?
Aragorn: I let Frodo go.
Boromir: Then you did what I could not.

Galadriel: The Quest stands upon the edge of a knife. Stray but a little, and it will fail, to the ruin of all. Yet hope remains while the Company is true.

Frodo: I wish the Ring had never come to me. I wish none of this had happened.
Gandalf: So do all who live to see such times, but that is not for them to decide. All you have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to you.

Galadriel: The world is changed. I feel it in the water. I feel it in the earth. I smell it in the air. Much that once was, is lost, for none now live who remember it.

Arwen: Do you remember when we first met?
Aragorn: I thought I had strayed into a dream.
Arwen: Long years have passed. You did not have the cares you carry now. Do you remember what I told you?
Aragorn: You said you would bind yourself to me, forsaking the immortal life of your people.
Arwen: And to that I hold. I would rather spend one lifetime with you, then face all the ages of this world alone. I choose a mortal life. (gives Aragorn Evenstar)
Aragorn: You cannot give me this.
Arwen: It is mine to give to whomever I will, like my heart.

Frodo: I cannot do this alone.
Galadriel: You are a Ring-bearer, Frodo. To bear a Ring of Power is to be alone. This task was appointed to you, and if you do not find a way, no one will.

Aragorn: I swore to protect you!
Frodo: Can you protect me from yourself? Or would you destroy it? (holding out the Ring, which calls 2 ARagorn slowly who slowly advances and right @ the last moment, closes Frodo's hand gently)
Aragorn: I would have gone with you to the very end, into the very fires of Mordor.

Two Towers:
Faramir: Well if you are not spies, then who are you?
Frodo: We are hobbits of the Shire. Frodo Baggins is my name and this is Samwise Gamgee.
Faramir: Your bodyguard?
Sam: His gardener.

Gimli: Toss me
Aragorn: What?
Gimli: I cannot jump that distance, you'll have to toss me! Don't tell the elf!
Aragorn: Not a word

Gollum: The rock and pool is nice and cool, so juicy sweet. Our only wish to catch a fish, so juicy sweet!

Frodo: I can't do this Sam
Sam: I know. It's all wrong. By rights we shouldn't even be here. But we are. It's like in the great stories, Mr. Frodo. The ones that really mattered. Full of darkness and danger, they were. And sometimes you didn't want to know the end. Because how could the end be happy? How could the world go back to the way it was when so much bad had happened? But in the end, it's only a passing thing, this shadow. Even darkness must pass. A new day will come. And when the sun shines it will shine out the clearer. Those were the stories that stayed with you. That meant something, even if you were too small to understand why. But I think, Mr. Frodo, I do understand. I know now. Folk in those stories had lots of chances of turning back, only they didn't. They kept going. Because they were holding on to something.
Frodo: What are we holding on to Sam?
Sam: That there's some good in this world, and it's worth fighting for.

Sam: I wonder if we'll ever be put into songs or tales.
Frodo: (Turns around) What?
Sam: I wonder if people will ever say, "Let's hear about Frodo and the Ring," and they'll say "yes that's one of my favorite stories. Frodo was really courageous, wasn't he Dad?" "Yes my boy, the most famousest of hobbits, and that's saying alot."
Frodo: (laughs) You've left out one of the chief characters, Samwise the Brave. I want to hear more about Sam. (stops, turns around and faces Sam) Frodo wouldn't have gotten far without Sam.
Sam: Now Mr. Frodo, you shouldn't make fun. I was being serious!
Frodo: So was I Sam, so was I.

Gimli: It's true you don't see many dwarf women. In fact, they are so alike in voice and appearance, that they are often mistaken for dwarf men.
Aragorn: It's the beards!

Gollum: Cold be heart and hand and bone, cold be travelers far from home... they do not see what lies ahead when sun has failed and moon is dead.

Galadriel: The time of the Elves is over. Do we leave Middle-earth to its fate? Do we let them stand alone?

Faramir: (looking @ a dead Easterling) Your sense of duty is no less than his, I deem. You wonder what his name is... where he comes from... if he really was evil at heart, or what lies or threats led him on this long march from home. If he would not rather have stayed there... in peace. War will make corpses of us all.

okay i shall continue later, i think i'm boring/killing every1

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home